ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF TEACHER EDUCATORS (AIATE)
XI Annual Conference -2010
All the members of AIATE and other teacher educators are hereby informed that XI Annual Conference, which was earlier announced to be held at Meerut, will now be held at Basic Teachers’ Training College (CTE), Gandhi Vidya Mandir, Sardarshahar, District Churu, Rajasthan, on December 25 – 26, 2010. The theme of the Conference is “Contemporary Educational Reforms in India”.
- Historical development of Public Examination system India
- Need and Significance of Class X Examination;
- Social and psychological issues in public examinations;
- Examination and Mental Health: Problems and Issues;
- Need for a Change: Possible Alternatives;
- Proposal to make examination optional and its feasibility;
- Reporting Academic Performance: Various Approaches, their Advantages and Limitations;
- Numerical versus Symbolic modes of reporting Academic Achievement;
- Grading System: Is it an improvement over Numerical Marking?
- Grading System: Applications in Decision Making;
- Grading System; What, Why and How?
- Right to Education Act 2009: Historical Review;
- Right to Education Act 2009: Social, Political, Psychological and Economic Issues;
- Right to Education Act 2009: Issues in its implementation;
- Right to Education Act 2009: Quantity, Quality and Equity issues;
- Any other title germane to the main theme;
Papers (along with an abstract in 250 – 300 words) may be sent to Dr. Lata Chandola, (Department of Teacher Education, B. D. K. College, Baluganj, Agra 282001, Ph: 09411650809, Email email@example.com), electronically or by post (along with CD), latest by 15th November 2010. Selected papers presented in the Conference may be published in the form of a book. The participants will pay Registration/Delegation Fee at the venue. The rates are: Rs.300/-for members and Rs.500/-for non-members (Rs. 300 for research scholars/students). Those desirous of life membership of AIATE will be charged Rs. 600/- extra. The participants, after sending papers, are requested to confirm their arrival (date and time) at Sardarshahar latest by 15th December 2010 at firstname.lastname@example.org to Dr. Anil Upadhyaya, Basic Teachers’ Training College (CTE), Gandhi Vidya Mandir, Sardarshahar (District Churu), Rajasthan, so that their abstracts may be included in the Conference Souvenir and stay arrangement may also be made. For any further clarification, contact the President of AIATE, Prof. C.P.S.Chauhan, Department of Education, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh on 09358204966 or on email ID email@example.com