Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
IIT Jodhpur invites applications for admission to Ph.D. programmes for the Semester commencing in July 2015.
The aim of the Ph.D. Program is to develop graduates having good knowledge and research training in classical and emerging areas. IIT Jodhpur hosts Ph.D. program in areas of technology, engineering, sciences, and humanities and social sciences. For the Semester commencing in July 2015, applications are invited in the following departments:
1. Biology: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas- Biomaterials and Cellular & Molecular Neuroscience
2. Chemistry: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (Molecular Modelling, Computational Biophysical Chemistry, Multi-Scale Simulation), Solution and Solid state NMR (Pulse sequence development and application), Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Photocatalysis and Heterogeneous Catalysis, Organometallic Chemistry
3. Computer Science and Engineering: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Image and Video Analysis, Wireless Networks and Software Defined Networking
4. Electrical Engineering: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas- Wireless Communication, Microelectronics, Power electronics and Drives, Control Engineering, Power Systems
5. Humanities and Social Sciences: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas-
A. Economics: Growth and Regional Disparity, Urbanization in India, Network Economics, Development Economics and Health Economics
B. English: Literature and Environment/Ecocriticism, American, British and Indian Environmental Literatures / Ecocriticism
C. Philosophy: Applied Ethics, Sustainability Studies, Ethics and Technology, Philosophy of Science, Aesthetics, Philosophy of Technology, Philosophy of Mind, Cognitive Studies
6. Mathematics: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas- Analysis, Differential Equations. Especially, applicants with interest in Dynamical Systems are encouraged to apply
7. Mechanical Engineering: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas- Dynamics of Turbomachinery/ Rotating Machines, Flexible Robotics, Micro-Electro Mechanical Systems, Nonlinear Oscillations, Hypersonic flows, Lattice Boltzmann Methods, Welding, Joining, CAD/CAM, Machining
8. Physics: Ph.D. positions are open in following areas- Astrophysics, Experimental and Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum Information and Quantum Optics, Particle Physics
Detailed information about the research areas of Faculty Members in all the departments can be obtained from the Institute website at http://www.iitj.ac.in. The applicants are strongly encouraged to go through profiles of Faculty Members and to get familiar with their specialization and research interest.
Applicants are requested to use the following link to fill and submit the application form online: http://www.iitj.ac.in:8080/OA_PG_ADMISSION/
For admission to the 2015-16 Second Semester commencing in July 2015, this online link will remain active till 20 April, 2015.
Applicants are required to pay the processing fee of Rs.300 for General and OBC applicants and Rs.150 for SC, ST, and PD applicants online while submitting the application form.
Applicants are requested to send online generated summary sheet and final submitted application duly signed along with a copy of GATE, NET, CSIR, UGC or NBHM score card to the address given below latest by 5 PM on 24 April 2015.
You can get the details from the following link: