M.Phil. Admission Notice 2009-2010
Department of Philosophy, Kurukshetra University,Kurukshetra
1. Last date for receipt of Application Forms 31.10.2009
with all documents in the concerned Dept. upto 5.00 p.m.
2. Date of Entrance Test (in the concerned Department) 04.11.2009 at 11.00 a.m.
3. Total Seats :08
1. The minimum eligibility condition is Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from Kurukshetra University or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks. The condition of marks in the Master’s Degree shall be relaxable upto 50% in the case of University appointed or approved teachers with at least three years service as such.
2. For Scheduled Castes Candidates :
Minimum eligibility condition will be pass marks in the qualifying examination i.e. Master’s Degree in the respective subject.
3. 5% relaxation in minimum eligibility condition will be given to Blind/Physically and Visually handicapped candidates.
4. There shall be no rounding of percentage of marks from 54.5% and above to 55%.
5. Admission will be made by the Departmental Committee(s) in accordance with rules & regulations and the criteria laid down for admission.
PROCEDURE FOR PREPARING OF MERIT
1. Procedure/criteria for preparing the merit list for admission to M.Phil. course will be as under:
(a) Marks obtained in the Entrance Test : 50%
(b) Marks obtained in the Qualifying Examination : 50%
plus weightage as per rule.
(c) Candidate who secure minimum 40% marks in Entrance Test
(35% marks for SC/ST candidates) will be considered for admission.
Merit list for admission to M.Phil. will be prepared on the basis of 50% marks of qualifying examination, 50 % marks of Entrance Test plus KUK weightage (if any).
Availability of Forms:
Prospectus and Application Form can also be downloaded from Website http://www.kukinfo.com and Rs. 400/-(Rs.100/- for SC/BC/Blind candidates of Haryana) be deposited in any CBS Branch of Punjab National Bank in India or sent DD in favour of the Registrar, KUK with the downloaded form.
A candidate can also submit his/her Admission Form for M.Phil. in concerned Department upto one day before the Entrance Test with a late fee of Rs.200/-. This fee can be deposited in any CBS Branch of Punjab National Bank in India or Deposited in Oriental Bank of Commerce, University Campus, Kurukshetra.