PHILOSOPHICAL INSIGHTS IN CLASSICAL TAMIL TRADITION
25 – 27 March, 2009
Jointly Organized by
Central Institute of Classical Tamil, Chennai
St. Joseph’s Capuchin Philosophical College
The Friary, Kotagiri – 643217 Nilgiris.
Why & What of the Seminar
In tracing the intellectual tradition in ancient India one dwells considerably on Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic Tradition. The ancient Tamil Tradition with its rich heritage and culture has a lot to contribute in shaping the Intellectual tradition in India. The precious treasure of Classical Tamil Tradition is very much left hidden and unexplored for its philosophical insights. The national seminar aims at
Ø Exploring the philosophical heritage of Classical Tamil
Ø Creating awareness of philosophical insights and moral
values of Classical Tamil Tradition.
Ø Stimulating discussion on relevance of Classical Insights
of the Tamil tradition to the Contemporary Society.
Registration is required for all participants (Outstation and Local). Although there is no registration fee, it is obligatory for all to ensure of your participation .
· Access to all sessions
· Delegate Kit with Final Programme
· Book of Abstracts
· Lunch, Coffee/tea, snacks
(Only ‘special’ Invitees, Speakers and Paper presenters’ are exempted from registration.)
Those who like to seek accommodation facilities can contact of need as early as possible.
· All abstract & paper submissions must be made through firstname.lastname@example.org
· All abstracts must be written in English. Being a National Seminar, we prefer English as a common language for all abstracts and papers.
· Papers in Tamil also may be accommodated. If in Tamil, usage of common Tamil font like bamini could be preferred. Please specify the name of the font. Or send it as ‘pdf’ file or make it handwritten and send by post)
· The abstract text with the title of the paper, should be within 200 – 300 words. Full Paper is to be within 1500 -2500 words and typeface: Arial Type, 11p, single space.
· One page Bio-data/Curriculum Vitae should be submitted along with the abstract.
· Paper presenters are eligible for TA, DA & Honorarium.
· Outstation participants are eligible for T.A. & DA.
· Local Participants are eligible for Local conveyance.
· Participation certificate would be issued to all.
Dates to Remember:
· 25 February 2009 –
Abstract submission and
· 05 March 2009 –
Full Paper Submission
For further details – Please contact
Fr. Vallabadoss John Peter,
St. Joseph’s Capuchin Philosophical College,
The Friary, Kotagiri, Nilgiris – 643217
Ph: 04266 271781, Mob: 09486402008,