Two Day National Seminar
EDUCATION, MEDIA, SOCIETY AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
Feb. 9, 10, 2013
(Under Ministry of HRD)
SRM COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Village: Ferozepur Dandrawal
Tehsil Raipur Rani (District Panchkula)
About the Seminar
Since the time immemorial women have witnessed ups and downs irrespective of caste, class, place and religion. On, one side, while she is revered as a mother they are also the most abused and exploited lot. Inspite of shining stars like Sita, Jhansi Ki Rani, Indira Gandhi to Kalpana Chawla and Sania Mirza, life has been grind for the common women. She faces the brunt and wrath of all the ills of society. Thus women are the under belly of any society and victims of choice in case of any adversity. Ironically in the Indian Context where women goddess are worshipped women are denied an independent identity and status. We also have high rates of maternal mortality because of inadequate medical care and low age at marriage. Discrimination against women prevails in providing health care. After independence period women are attaining higher education and entering male dominated world still the literacy rate female/male is lower. Daughters are withdrawn and are given responsibility of the care of siblings and domestic work. Girls are thought to be a liability rather than an asset. Cultural barriers to women as ‘weaker sex’ discriminate against their selection, promotion etc. Every two hrs a rape / gang rape occurs somewhere in India. Violence on Women in the family in the form of wife beating, ill treatment, emotional torture are on the rise. Pornographic literature, magazines, hoardings and films are published/printed which actually violate woman’s dignity. If some girl is a rape victims, the news is sold as a product. She is raped daily in the form of bombarding questions by the media/police rather than helping her forget it. Prostitution devalues women’s dignity and stigmatizes her as a ‘fallen’ woman in the society. State enacted women related laws to protect women against social discrimination, violence and also to prevent social evils like child marriage, dowry, rape, sati etc. Still a lot more needs to be done. It is jut like the no. Still we have so many debatable issues. These are the issues which needs to be dealt in the situations as and when they emerge. This national seminar is one such platform.
1. Concept of Women Empowerment.
2. Role of Education in Women Empowerment.
3. Role of Media in Women Empowerment.
4. Role of Society in Women Empowement
5. Violence against Women.
6. Women Empowerment Challenges & Strategies.
7. Changing Roles of Women in Production and Reproduction.
8. Changing Roles of Women in Community.
9. Women Empowerment and Role of Govt. and Non-Govt. Organization.
10. Psycho-Social and Economic Empowerment of Women.
11. Women and Human Rights.
12. Legislation about Women Empowerment.
Call for Papers
• The last date for the receipt of Abstracts/ Papers is February 5, 2013.
• All the abstracts/papers may be sent to the Principal at his college address or on following e-mail.
• Length of the abstract must not exceed 250 words whereas length of the paper may be upto 5-6 pages. After screening the abstracts/papers, accepted abstracts/papers will be published in the document of the seminar.
• Send hard copy as well as soft copy of the paper.
Note: No. TA/DA will be paid to the participants
• Registration Fee: Rs. 250/-
• Working Lunch and Tea during Seminar will be provided by the college.
• Registration Starts: 9.30 a.m.
Shree Ram Mulkh College
Vill. Ferozepur Dandrawal
Tehsil Raipur Rani
District Panchkula (Haryana)