Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna
Patliputra Colony, Patna-800013, Bihar
Recruitment of Faculty in IIT Patna
IIT Patna invites applications from Indian Nationals (Foreign Nationals may also apply, for appointment to tenure/contractual position as per MHRD, GoI rules), who are well – qualified, energetic, and strongly motivated for teaching and research in the following schools and specializations :
- Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Assistant Professor (on contract) : in PB-3 (Rs. 15600 – 39100/-) with AGP of Rs. 6000/- p.m. and seven non – compounded advance. After 1 year, the AGP will be increased
to Rs. 7000/-
- Assistant Professor : in PB-3 Rs.15600 – 39100/- with AGP of Rs. 8000/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Band to be fixed at Rs. 30000/-. Assistant Professors in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs, on completion of three years of service shall move to Pay Band 4 Rs.37400 – 67000/- with AGP of Rs. 9000/- and will, however, continue to be designated as Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor : To be appointed in PB-4 Rs.37400 – 67000/- with AGP of Rs. 9500/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Band to be fixed at Rs. 42800/-
- Professor : To be appointed in PB-4 Rs.37400 – 67000/- with AGP of Rs. 10500/- p.m. For direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Band to be fixed at Rs. 48000/-.
Candidates should be exceptionally bright and motivated with a commitment to teaching research and institutional development.
How to Apply : The completed application should be sent to the following address. – Professor In-charge, Faculty Affairs, IIT Patna, Patliputra Colony, Patna – 800013, Bihar. This is a Rolling advertisement and last date of first phase of application is 30/04/2015.
Please visit http://iitp.ac.in/index.php/notice-board/1089-faculty-positions-standing-advertisement.html fore details and application format.