Applications being invited under Maulana Azad National Fellowship Scheme of the Ministry of Minority Affairs:
About the Fellowship Scheme:
Applications are being invited from the students belonging to the Minority communities i.e. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist and Parsi for the award of fellowship for the current academic year under Maulana Azad National Fellowship scheme of the Ministry of Minority Affairs. The Scheme is for pursuing studies leading to M. Phil/Ph.D. degree in Arts, Commerce, Science and Engineering. These are integrated five year fellowships and will cover all Universities/Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) and section 3 of the UGC Act.
The total number of fellowships each year has been fixed at 756. Each community and each State/UT has been allotted a certain fixed number of fellowships – the details of which are available on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, for e.g. Uttar Pradesh has been allotted 120 fellowships per year out of which 114 are earmarked for Muslim community and 3 each for Sikh and Buddhist communities; whereas in the case of Kerala the fellowships earmarked are 50 of which 28 are for Muslims and 22 for Christians. In case of non-availability of adequate number of candidates, the number of fellowships not availed during a year will be carried forward to the next academic session. 30% of the fellowship shall be earmarked for women students; remaining 70% will be general. In case there are shortage of women candidates, the fellowship can be passed on to male students of the same minority community.