International Conference on Creating Better World: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Vision and Perspectives during 4 – 6th, October, 2016 at Karnatak University, Dharwad.
September 26, 2016 by Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
Link for the website:
|International Conference Theme
|Call for Abstracts
Papers on the above sub themes are invited by scholars, academicians, faculty members, students and experts in the field. The participants may first send their abstracts (less than 250 words) and their full length papers or both by the 25th September 2016. The papers must be mailed firstname.lastname@example.org The papers must be less than 2000 words in length in A4 size. Times New Roman, 12 font, one and half spacing. The abstracts will find place in a Booklet. Later the selected papers will be edited and published from a good publishing house bearing ISBN number.
In addition there will be a poster presentation session, the participants who are intrested can apply. The poster size should be 3×4 feet.
The participants should send their duly filled in registration form along with the registration fee in the form of DD drawn in favour of
The Organizing Secretary, International Conference of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Studies 2016-2017 Karnatak University, Dharwad.
Payable at State Bank of India, Karnatak University Campus Branch, Dharwad-580003.
The conference roposes to revisit, introspect Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s vision and perspective when the present world is beset with intolerance, communal hatredness, conflict and religious fanaticism, It is apt, therefore to introspect and visualize the notion of reformation for the establishment of creating a better world by subjecting the contemporary world to re-evaluation with the hope of bringing about a harmonious social order. Ambedkar’s principles are relevant in this regard to safeguard the rights of people to live harmoniously where the human freedom is appreciated and upheld. The conference also aims at contemplating on the rationale putforth by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, which visualizes a better society where human dignity is upheld in the contemporary societies.
International Conference Sub Themes :
1. Indian Constitution and Role of Ambedkar in making of it.
2. Democracy, Social Justice and Dalits in Contemporary India.
3. Dalits : Issues and challenges in 21st Century.
4. Dalits at Cross roads: Education, Migration and Conversion.
5. Political Representation and its Implementation.
6. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as an Economist and Champion of the downtrodden.
7. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Vision of Nation Building.
8. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as Jurist and Journalist.
9. Emergence of Regional Dominant Castes and Subaltern Issues.
10. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s writings and relavence of his works.
11. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s vision of Prabuddha Bharat: Revival of Buddhism in Contemporary India.
12. Mass Conversion and Social Change : Politics of Emancipation.
13. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as a social scientist: Caste dynamics and Social Change.
14. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as Humanist.
15. Emancipation of Women : Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s perspectives.
16. Secular Ethics.
17. Religious Harmony for Better Living.
18. Universal Responsibility in Building Harmonious Society.
19. Compassion and Tolerance as basic tenets of Buddhism.
20. Pratitya Samud Path (Dependent Origination).
Dr. Subhashchandra C. Natikar
Dept of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Studies, Ambedkar Bhawan,
Karnatak University Pavate Nagar, Dharwad – 580003 Karnatak State – India.
Contact : 9900229032