LINGARAJ COLLEGE, BELAGAVI
Re- Accredited at the ‘A’ Level by NAAC
College with Potential for Excellence
Research Center of Rani Channamma University, Belagavi
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
NATIONAL LEVEL SEMINAR ON
“The Global Challenge: A Healthy Mind and a Healthy Body”
Under the UGC Schemes of College with potential for Excellence
On: 12th April 2016
You are cordially invited
SEMINAR THEME: A healthy body and a healthy mind go hand in hand. There is no such thing as a mind/body split. One of the kindest things you can do for your mental health is taking care of your physical health. If you feel good physically, the chances are better you will feel good mentally. In today’s fast life, we are mostly stressed and racing against time to finish our to-do list each day. We are so busy that we do not get time to eat properly, do some physical exercise and even sleep adequately. Most of us remain constantly stressed. We are always under pressure to meet deadlines or complete our targets. We want to achieve and accomplish a lot in no time.
But, we are forgetting that in order to achieve all this, we need to remain healthy, physically and mentally. We are searching for mental peace all the time to counter stress in our daily lives but, we do not realize that if we are neglecting our bodies, how we can nourish our mind.
Many athletes believe that competition is 50% physical and 50% mental, but how many actually spend time refining and practicing the mental aspects of sport? How do the mind and body work together to create a whole person and a healthy self? Understanding their differences is important as well: In the mind, body theme you will explore the role the aspects of self play individually and collectively in human growth throughout a lifetime: How does the mind work? How does one maintain a well-exercised mind? How does the body work? How is it connected to other parts of life?
According to an English proverb, “A healthy mind lives in a healthy body.” Even if the body is not healthy the effects of this condition will not be permanent provided the mind is not allowed to get affected. Feelings of depression and weakness grow into a disease only when they prolong and rooted in thoughts and feelings for a long time.
· A sharp mind and a strong body: an holistic Approach
· Aggression and violence in sports
· Current status of sports psychology in India – opportunities and warnings
· Cognitive and social psychological dimensions in sports
· Coaching and instructional, motivational strategies
· Drug abuse in sports
· Human rights in sports
· Health and fitness in the workplace
· Individual identity and impacts on sports participation
· Motor skill acquisition
· Psychology and Sports: Means to Health, happiness and well being
· Psychology in sports
· Past, present and future in sports psychology
· Professionals in sports
· Role of sports psychologist
· Role of stress, arousal, anxiety in the performance of individual
· Sport facilities in India
· Sports injury-prevention, identification, rehabilitation
· Sports nutrition and exercise metabolism
· Sports management and commercialization
· Sports programs in schools, colleges and universities
· Yoga and physical education
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
· Author(s) are requested to send the full length paper on the topic, on or before 20th March 2016.
· The full length paper should not exceed more than 5000 words typed in double spaced with margin of one inch (2.5 cm) on all four sides. Font size should be 12 point in Times New Roman.
· End notes and footnotes should be avoided. Substantive comments should be integrated within the text rather than placed in a note.
· References should be written in APA format.
· The soft copy of the full length paper should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Papers accepted and presented at the seminar, will be published in seminar Proceeding with ISBN number.
· The Best Paper Presenter of will be awarded with a special award.
· Three special awards for Best Student Paper/Poster Presentation will also be given.
· All participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation/Presentation.
· Submission of Full Paper :31st March 2016
· Registration Deadline : 5th April (Spot registration is allowed)
· After the delegate has received an paper acceptance notification, he/she must register for the seminar on or before 25th March 2016 by filling up a registration form which can be downloaded at deptofpsy.blogspot.com
· The delegate must submit the duly filled Registration Form along with the applicable Registration Fee mentioned below:
Amount in Rs.
Academician and other professionals
· The delegate can pay the registration fees by DD.
· The Demand Draft is to be made in favor of “The Principal Lingaraj college Belgaum” payable at Belgaum. The soft copy of duly filled Registration Form should also be mailed at email@example.com.The D.D is to be sent along with duly filled Registration Form by speed post/courier at the following address: HOD, Department of Psychology, KLE’s Lingaraj College (Autonomous), Belgavi-590001
· The soft copy of the duly filled Registration Form along with online transfer details (reference id) to be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· College will not provide any accommodation.