|You are here:Home› Events› Call for Papers: International Conference on Technology, Innovation and Social Change
Call for Papers: International Conference on Technology, Innovation and Social Change
Call for Papers
The Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Tata Institute of Social Sciences is organising a three day International Conference on “Technology, Innovation and Social Change” during 22-24 January, 2013. The aim of the Conference is to provide a platform to academicians and practitioners from multiple disciplines to debate and deliberate onsocial change that is encompassed by innovation and technology. The Conference will help the Scholars to produce publishable quality of research papers. [ More Details ]
The proposed International Conference will throw light on the nature, significance aswell as relationship between technology, innovation and social change. We submit the following research questions to kick-start the process. These questions are indicative in nature and must not limit creative participation of scholars, practitioners and policy makers to add to the list.
10. What are the existing enterprises and models for experimenting with technologies that facilitates the process of social transformation?
11. Resource distribution appears to be a major problem in the Capitalist mode of production. Can deployment of technology address this issue of resource distribution?
12. What is the role of leadership for deployment of technology in bringing social change?
13. What are innovative practices (formal and informal) that have resulted in producing new technologies with social mission?
14. Do collaborations offer better performance that attributes for social change?
15. Is Corporate Social Responsibility fostering social change?
16. What is the role of Government in promoting ‘technology for social change’?
17. Are there traditional knowledge and technologies fostered by communities for their own wellbeing? How do they operate?
18. What are the technological inventions that have changed the social orgnanisations?
19. Is resource constraint environment supportive to innovation?
20. Are developed nations innovating technologies and deploying them to deal their social problems?
21. Are the developing countries just limited to use the technologies or they are also producing them?
22. Do developing countries import cost effective technologies from developed countries?
We invite papers, both theoretical and empirical, that address one or more research questions mentioned above. Authors can also send papers on other related research questions. They must submit an abstract in about 500 words explaining the intent for participation, research question and research plan to Dr. Rama Krishna Reddy Kummitha on his email id firstname.lastname@example.org not later than July 15, 2012. The abstract must also contain authors’ names, institutional affiliations, email and postal address. Authors will be notified of acceptance or otherwise by July 30, 2012.
Registration and Accommodation
Authors of the selected international paper presenters will have to pay a nominal registration fee of $ 200 whereas the Indian paper presenters will have to pay 5000 which will include conference kit, lunch and dinner.
Limited accommodation will be available in TISS Guest House @ Rs. 1500 per participant per day on first come first serve basis. Participants will be required to book the accommodation by making an advance payment on or before 30 September, 2012. We will intimate the selected paper presenters about the hotels near to the venue of the conference during August, 2012.
Need based scholarships are available for the paper presenters. The scholarship covers registration fee, accommodation and food. Ph.D scholars will be given preference.